Kick happy admin!

Games such as RTCW, Call of Duty, Quake ect.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Kick happy admin!

Postby OverDose » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:22 am

I was just kicked for spawn camping, while sitting in the coal depot. Hadn't even been NEAR the spawn area (except OUR spawn, when I was killed). I nearly always play defense, so it's VERY rare I ever SEE the other spawn area.

What's the deal? Look before you kick, eh?

Now I gotta sit out for 30 mins cuz a admin "thinks" I was spawn camping.
OverDose
New User
New User

Postby mazza » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:25 am

well if u had posted in the right place maybe it could have been looked into :roll:
u don't say what server, what admin, or what name u were playing under at the time :roll: so i am afraid there's nothing more i can do from here :roll:
mazza

Postby OverDose » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:53 am

mazza wrote:well if u had posted in the right place maybe it could have been looked into :roll:
u don't say what server, what admin, or what name u were playing under at the time :roll: so i am afraid there's nothing more i can do from here :roll:

I was on the RTCW server (Depot). I was using the name I use here (OverDose). I don't know which admin, cuz I asked when I got back on....and guess what; NOBODY would own up to it. :roll:

In any case, there's not much that can be done about it...it's past history. The problem only exists if the same admin inadvertantly kicks someone without looking to be CERTAIN that they are kicking the right person for the right offense. If they KNEW that they had made a mistake, then maybe they could then opologize for it. But since nobody even know about it.... :?

So, whatever the reason, I guess I'll just have to expect that they will probably do it again.
OverDose
New User
New User

Postby mazza » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:46 am

well obviously i can't comment on what happened as i wasn't there but if u had posted in the correct part of the forums then it would have been spotted more easily and then we could have checked what admin was on there at the time and asked their opinion of what happened.
I don't know which admin, cuz I asked when I got back on....and guess what; NOBODY would own up to it.

u know it could just be that the admin was no longer on the server
:roll:
I was just kicked for spawn camping, while sitting in the coal depot. Hadn't even been NEAR the spawn area (except OUR spawn, when I was killed)

sitting in the coal depot, defense. OUR spawn,hmmm something about that statement makes me think u were shooting from spawn perhaps using a panzer or venom, but hey i could be wrong :D just trying to think of the usual things that ppl get kicked for while sitting in the spawn :lol:
mazza

Postby Wolfeh » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:05 pm

Yes, it will probably happen again. The admins do a great job. Lets not forget, they are there to play to, not just to baby sit. Mistakes do occur. If you browse the forums you will see were admins have openly admitted errors and apologised.

Please do not come in here and criticise others, its not welcome.

By all means ask the question, but be a little more constructive.

Regards

Wolfeh
Wolfeh
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Geddy » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:28 pm

I wasn't there...
Surprised?
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby junkster » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:02 pm

I was on my holiday's but I'll be the first to admit sometimes we do make mistakes :( -we are only human (except poor Dandaily who is part machine due to old age), a 30 min kick well at least u had time to make a quick cuppa and say hello to your family before losing another 6-7 hours to the depot :D Hope you continue to enjoy our servers as much as almost everyone else does who plays. :D
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby [FuN]Irish » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:34 pm

Nor I. Kinda wish I was!! :P
[FuN]Irish
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby STALKER » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:12 pm

Overdose i think your a tad confused m8.....you say you were spawn camping but never went near enemy spawn.This would have been spawn killing if ya did go to enemy spawn,sounds like you got kicked for sitting in allied spawn m8 which is a kickable offence as is spawn killing.Two different offences which can carry the same outcome...ie kick.
STALKER
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Return to First Person Shooter