Post useful, amusing, yours and just plain mad websites, pictures and avatars here!

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, Senior Moderators, Ascendance Officers

Postby SchuteMie » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:16 pm

Thought for sure I saw something on these forums related to limitations/specifications on avatars (e.g., so many pixels, so many bytes). But just looked through the FuN 4 Forum FAQ and this Avatar forum and could not find.

*Anticipates replies* Also, did search through this site on "avatar" and nothing on this subject.

I did see Fragsey's RTCW links to an avatar site. It said 75x75 pixels limit on their forum. Not sure about here though.

And how do I determine the size of my picture? I have some pics I might like to work with (trim down). Not sure if I can use Paint or need to learn Photoshop.

Yes, I am a /noob at forums. Anyone help? :? --Thanks.
SchuteMie ...:spam: -- I just love SPAM!
SchuteMie
New User
New User

Postby zippy » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:09 pm

lo schutemie.....its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, a height no greater than 80 pixels and a file size no more than 29kB.to get it to size in paint...open your pic....click attributes...put a dot in pixels.....set the size to 80X80 .....click ok .....then save it....then upload it to here through your profile.....hope this help :lol:
zippy

Postby [AsC]Frags » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:27 pm

i set it at 80x80 cos like in real life mine is a big bigger than others ;)
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

How's This?

Postby SchuteMie » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:02 am

Zippy, Thanks. Check this one out, it's my first try. I did some stuff with transparency to remove the white around the oval (original pic was rectangular). Hopefully it doesn't mess up the white of Fudd's eyes. Looks fine to me, if it looks WRONG to you, let me know, I have the original rectangle.
SchuteMie ...:spam: -- I just love SPAM!
SchuteMie
New User
New User

Return to Wonderous Websites, Member Pictures & Avatars