BEEN YEARS WHO STILL REMEMBERS.

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

BEEN YEARS WHO STILL REMEMBERS.

Postby GodsEvilTwin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:35 am

Well i was surfing the net and stumbled upon an old saved tab. the FUN forums. You know its been almost 4 or more years since i stumbled upon this area or the old RTCW or enemy territory. good those were the good old days. SOOO who is still around from those days or is this place basically a ghost town. Frags you still alive and kicking. still doing broadcasts or gave that up a long time? good i feel dated. anyhow. just figured i would say howdy.
Last edited by GodsEvilTwin on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert "The Toad" Garmon
GodsEvilTwin

"You have to keep breathing in order for something to take your breath away."
GodsEvilTwin

Postby SenecaWolf » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:59 am

oh my good lord, heres a name I not seen in awhile!!! How you been??
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby GodsEvilTwin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:12 am

not too bad. you still tearing up the inter web with a ladylike smile :)

how's life been treating ya?
Robert "The Toad" Garmon
GodsEvilTwin

GodsEvilTwin

Postby [AsC]Frags » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:01 pm

OMG Its gods evil twin..... how ya doing buddy. Long time.... few other people have also dropped by from the past recently, Graz popped in couple of weeks back too.

Good to see ya :)

Still alive and kicking doing the same old job, ect lol.

No longer FPS gaming ... caught the WoW bug ;)

Hope to catch up soon!
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby GodsEvilTwin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:35 am

oh no not the wow bug. I got that about 2 years ago and left after hitting the new cap with the burning crusade expansion. just wasn't as fun. my clan broke up and the server i was on went down hill. oh well. good to see some of you all are still around.

now what was the name of the husband wife team that played all the time back in the day... can't remember....
Robert "The Toad" Garmon
GodsEvilTwin

GodsEvilTwin

Postby Keiser Soze » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Mazza and Connor, maybe?

Hi m8.. no it's not "gost town" but as it seems the number of active ppl just went down a bit, and prolly life caught with most of them also..
No more RCTW players around as far as I know.
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi Gods, I do remember you from my early FuN days and it's nice to see an old face pop in from time to time, definately shows that FuN may not be as big as it used to be, but sure is well remembered by a lot of people.

I reckon you're referring to maz n zip, they've split up ages ago, and you won't see maz on here anymore, as she had her account removed.

As Keiser mentioned, you won't see much Wolf gamers around anymore, FuN has sinced moved on, via ET, to the Call of Duty series. As I said, FuN may not be as big anymore, but it's still alive and kicking, and the current members have the true FuN spirit, so I personally don't doubt FuN will restart living it's glory days sometime in the future
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Dutchman wrote:Hi Gods, I do remember you from my early FuN days and it's nice to see an old face pop in from time to time, definately shows that FuN may not be as big as it used to be, but sure is well remembered by a lot of people.

I reckon you're referring to maz n zip, they've split up ages ago, and you won't see maz on here anymore, as she had her account removed.

As Keiser mentioned, you won't see much Wolf gamers around anymore, FuN has sinced moved on, via ET, to the Call of Duty series. As I said, FuN may not be as big anymore, but it's still alive and kicking, and the current members have the true FuN spirit, so I personally don't doubt FuN will restart living it's glory days sometime in the future

from your mouth to Gods ears ;)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby GodsEvilTwin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:17 pm

yea it was maz and zip they were fun to talk to and play with. god the good old days. not much into fps or mmorpgs anymore. oh well. need to find a good new game to play ....

glad the true meaning of [FuN] is still around, even if not in her former glory.
Robert "The Toad" Garmon
GodsEvilTwin

GodsEvilTwin

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:28 am

I still have the [FuN] Logo tattooed on me arse.....!!!!

:P

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby GodsEvilTwin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:36 am

You would you crazy arse britt. Frags you still doing your broadcasts or did you give that up too.
Robert "The Toad" Garmon
GodsEvilTwin

GodsEvilTwin

Postby SenecaWolf » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:57 am

GodsEvilTwin wrote:not too bad. you still tearing up the inter web with a ladylike smile :)

how's life been treating ya?

well, i'm still breathing, thats a good thing. Other then that, just been busy with work and kids. I hardly ever game now, although from the looks of the new Wolfenstein I just may have to get back into it lol.
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:19 pm

the radio station still running. Not been on it much in last year... very bad year for me. Just not had enthusiasm really.

Hopefully i will get a kick up the backside soon!

[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby phdtje » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:34 am

Someone must have awaken me from hybernation..

Too bad not to have known the old arses god, but the spirit seems the same

and Senny still around wooo..good to see..ah busy too ok..hope see you more when more times comes to you we should get back to shooting again :D .. I take care of the campers..
It's FuN or it's FuN...if it's not the same...so what's the real FuN?
phdtje

Postby GodsEvilTwin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:07 pm

man if ya don't know the oldens like me and many others. GOD those were the days. Blast em up like no other and laugh my arse off the whole time. All wile listening to frags tearing up the airwaves. We were a force not many could stop. Memories *cries a little*

hmm me thinks its time to invest in another shootemup game. Its been a wile. I toy with Enemy Territory Quake wars every now and then to make sure i don't forget how to rape some nublits. I will NEVER play WOW again. My 70 lock was fun, but the guild i was in crashed and burned and i gave up on the game. Might be time to try out COD4

and FRAGS! http://www.ejnmedia.co.uk/rtcw/ you just had to go and make me bring back memories. good old knife wars! I still owe ya a few stabs eventually.
Robert "The Toad" Garmon
GodsEvilTwin

GodsEvilTwin

Postby [AsC]Frags » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:14 am

Fragsey's Wolf Emporium got trashed by the Santy web virus a couple years back. I lovingly restored FWE as it brings back so many good memories!

Ahh the sillyness on [FuN] 4 Gamers!

Incidently here is a good screenshot......

This is one of the oldest I have. When [FuN] had the little known red tags instead of the long running blue.

It is also the Day I joined [FuN]. Note my original name Major Frags. It had a Blue Bullet after is as I was a member of the BBA (Blue Bullet Army, players from the rtcw.co.uk site). I kept the BBA Bullet when i became [FuN]Frags and when the tags changed to blue. I dropped it when RTCW became part of Jolt and the community wasnt the same since.

I remember that night as Me, Graz and Stomith were messing around at the AA Gun spawning hats and nades. We were having a good laff and I said to stom I was doing screenies for FWE. He called me into #[FuN] channel. I fooking thought I had broke some server rule by taking screenies and was crapping myself. Turned out him asking me if I wanted to join. I think I declined at first saying that others had applied before me, but graz came in and said I should. And the "Uber Medic" was born.

Then came the [FuN] match offshoot clan, Owned by No One or :oNo: Turned out we were owned by everyone mostly cos we couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery cos we had too much fun lol, we vowed to stay as a non-serious [FuN] clan from then on. :oNo: site I had somewhere, i may upload it again soon. the later site was basically a clone of FWE but with my info dropped and the colours changed.

Also remember the short lived first version of FuN 4 Forums on XMB before the hosting company went bust. And an even shorter one on a free forum host which was s***. My web server couldnt handle databases back then but in October 2002, FuN 4 Forums as we know it was born, and still exists on the same database along with my own small forum for FWE, #Fragdom which is now The Cybergings and bigger than FuN 4 Forums. Sadly FuN 4 forums is being pushed out of the database soon due to the large size of both and the growth of Cybergings. And FuN 4 Forums will cease to be in it's current forum.

Hopefully there is enough to last for the next 9 months to a year before and new projects I am undertaking. Depends if we can revive this once thriving community or let it die.

[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Dutchman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:22 pm

Shame to hear that, Frags, it'd be a true shame if these forums dissapeared.
Is there something any or the rest of us could do, like take over the database? I'm sure I'd be joined by many that are willing to chip in and save these forums.
I mean, if you'd want to move on from fun4forums, I for one would not hesitate to take over if possible, in whatever way that may be.
If I look back at the past couple of months up to 2 years, the forums sure aren't as active anymore, but FuN isn't as big either. Yet, we do see a lot of old names come in from time to time, so the community sure isn't forgotten.
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:50 pm

I didn't understand the whole picture Frags.. can we swap this to private forum to see what can be done to lower the size of forum DB or any other option?
Yeah we are not that big anymore but not dead also ;)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Jaguar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:17 am

I guess it has been years since I last saw the EvilTwin. Now I can finish the job...muahahahahaha :P I used to run around with FP, EW and SoD back when you played. I pwnd the Depot and pissed people off with the panzers and venom :P
Back to prowlin so keep ur eyes open..or u won't be around to use em.
Jaguar
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby jaysi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:16 am

Hello All. I too just happen to be going through my old bookmarks and here I am. Still remembered the account details an all. Great to see there is still life here. Lots of good memories!

Hope everyone is doing well! Cheers!
jaysi

Postby Keiser Soze » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:29 am

nice to see old crew still live and kicking... :)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby SenecaWolf » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:44 am

Wow Jaysi!! How you been??
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Jaguar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:45 pm

hey Jaysi, my fellow Canuck eh. nice to see you are still tickin'
Jaguar
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby NeeAngelicaca » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:18 am

Hey Jaysi,

Hi all, I was having probs with the Wii and decided to pick you guys/gals brains, still not done it though, modern technology not good in an old head!

Well hope to see you all around some where, waiting for COD5 to come on out PS3.

Laterz

Angelicaca
NeeAngelicaca
New User
New User

Postby Jaguar » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:05 am

later angel...long time no see. Any goldrush games out yet :P
Jaguar
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby NeeAngelicaca » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Yeah bring back my gold ...... i went to sleep saying those words and woke up saying them too, actually I still say something similar but I believe the word is now chocolate .........
NeeAngelicaca
New User
New User

Postby BrainBuG » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Whats this.. are we having a small family reunion when i'm off on my trip around the world?
Grmf..
Sigh.. the AA gun.. that screenshot.. that brings back memories. We did have a lot of fun back then didn't we :)
And the Goldrush games and cowshoving.. the X-mas ET server...i remember nights where i nearly wet myself laughing.
Why does the world have to keep changing.. why can't we just all be still here and play RTCW.. back when a cow was still a cow and gaming was still gaming...
Ahh well.. it's been years since i've been gaming really.. Since COD i lost the taste for it really. Plus my comp is aging too fast.. he can't handle all the violence anymore :/

But man we had fun! :roll:
Boeie!!!!!! En nou opzouten met je hele droge hol!
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby SenecaWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:04 am

Buggeeeeeh!!!!!!

I miss my fluffelz :(

I know what ya mean tho, I wish it was like it was a couple years ago....when we used to have the best times gaming, being on TS an just in general having a great time. Sometimes change really sucks :cry:
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Just because this community isn't as big as a few years back doesn't mean we don't have fun anymore, senny.

Feel free to join us on ventrilo and have a game with us on our CoD2 or CoD4 server and you'll see that we still do everything you just described, altho perhaps without the fluffelz...
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby BrainBuG » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:58 pm

You can't compare the RTCW / goldie times to COD2/4 dutchy. Besides i can't afford to keep updating my computer every year just to be able to play the new games that come out.
I started losing interest after COD UO really. Back then we had some fun servers like flying tanks, but even those didn't fill up enough. Games change, ppl change, so it will never be like that again. Ahh well..

/me gives senny a big warm fluffelzz!! for old times sake! My god i could have given them to you in person! Been in the states for 3 months. Now why didn't i think of that sooner :)
Boeie!!!!!! En nou opzouten met je hele droge hol!
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Of course I can compare them, and I'm not saying it's the same, I'm just trying to prove a point that despite the decline of this community, those who are still present still have the same FuN spirit that was present in the "old" days. And yes, of course it's not the same, they were different times with a huge difference in membership, but having witnessed the rtcw/goldy era and the current era I can safely say that FuN is still alive and kicking. In all fairness, buggeh, you been on the other side of the planet the past several months, how could you know how we're keeping the FuN alive :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Dutchman wrote:Feel free to join us on ventrilo...

Yep u are all welcome to join on ventrilo 4 chat no matter if u want or wont play games ;)

Ventrilo download link

IP of server is 217.146.93.57 & default port number

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby SenecaWolf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 am

Dutchy I know hun that you all must still be having FuN, but my basis of comparison is when Brentski was around, it was such a different time for me and gaming hasnt quite been the same. I still play ET on Evil Smurf server every now and then tho.

I do still update my machine on a regular basis so I spose I might hafta just go buy CoD 4 even tho I will suck miserably lol :P

And damnit Buggy you shoulda came to visit!!! lol
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Mrs.J.H.Miller » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 am

SenecaWolf wrote:I do still update my machine on a regular basis so I spose I might hafta just go buy CoD 4 even tho I will suck miserably lol :P

I suck really bad at cod4 so you wont be alone ;)
Mrs.J.H.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Don't worry about skills some are good some are bad.. but FuN is what connects people, right? :)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Next

Return to General Chat