[FuN] T Shirts

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

[FuN] T Shirts

Postby Mac. » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:41 am

Ok arranging with members of GamersNation for a LAN Party thats taking place in August TBA MultiPlay

So what I want to do is take along some t-Shirts to advertise our cool servers, so what I have been doing is tweaking about with ideas some old some new to our current merchandise to bring these logo's

Basically first logo will be on chest plate and the following servers will be on back in order TBA

Anyway !! comments and ideas are welcome, I have hit 4 places I know to get some idea of prices, and their getting back to me soon.

Now I need input !!

Take care all
Mac.

Hmmm - Yummy - But with reservations

Postby spliffyed » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:55 pm

Ok - Ive done a lot of 'quality' T-Shirt prints over the years - these will be expensive to produce. T-Shirt prints (unless you go down the tacky digital transfer method) use solid colour inks . . . and you have lots of colours on the reverse (6 - cause you cant really use tints - since a tint on a screen print is not solid but a pattern of quite large dots) - so thats six seperate screens to be made up and six passes on the carousel. This is usually only viable on large print runs - what size of print run are u thinking about?

By using white you limit yourselves to dark colour shirts - but printing white onto say a black shirt can result in a 'dirty' looking print - a quality printer would put down a 'flash' white first and then overprint the 'flash' white with white to give a vibrant white. So using white (apart from limiting yourselves to dark shirts) can add an 'extra' colour. At that point I'd suggest to the client going digital - but as thats a 'transfer method' you cant use white!! aaaarg - and your limited to light colour shirts . . . mazza will be sooking the chocolate stains off them for years to come :)

If you want the white limit yourselves to white (with a 'flash' - or a thick 'bubble' ink - you know the kind you can feel is raised when you run your hands over it - has an almost rubbery feel - and blue - that'll help keep costs down.

If you want email ur artwork (any format) to me at mrspliffy@hotmail.com and I'll come up with some alternatives that might be cost effective.

PS If your sourcing small runs BAR1 in Glasgow are pretty good at quality short runs. Hope this helps :)))
Last edited by spliffyed on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby THEONE » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:21 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
THEONE

Postby Mac. » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:03 am

Cheers Spliff for this info, I knew it would be a little tricky but glad you have opened my eyes to its pitfalls.

I will email you my artwork and perhaps at a convenient time we can have a chat on IRC.

Have other ideas aswell as the above, I think my best option is to find out from companies what costs are involved and what best way to focus my ideas.

Cheers mate catch u soon either online ET or in IRC.

Chow !
Mac.

Postby spliffyed » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:31 am

Lo -
Haven't seen you on IRc while I've been on

after our chat best prices I can find in UK are....

No.of shirts 20-25 (more than that and it should get cheaper)

2 Colour front print - single colour backprint

Screenmaking/Setup - £30.00

Fruit of the Loom Premium shirts, printed - £4.50 each

Carriage - £10.00

Plus VAT

If you wanted to go 2 colour on back add £10 for screencharge and 50p per shirt

That should still keep it under the £200 mark

PS . . . that was for print seperation ready artwork (which I'm happy to do for u for [Fun]

orrra best

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby Mac. » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:56 am

Get back to you on this Mr Spliffster !!

Much appreciated on the details and efforts.

Mac.
Mac.

Return to General Chat