The Pope

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

The Pope

Postby *Element* » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:20 pm

I don't care if you are not catholic or religious, what I'd like to say is the Pope was a great man. He did many things like promote better world peace and I think he also stood up against hitler in the war. He was a world icon to everyone and they better not forget it.
ImageImage
*Element*
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby The Death Rose » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:27 pm

I really never payed much attention to the pope or anything religous for that matter, but here in the past couple of days I've payed attention and it makes me sad that he died. I hope he rests in peace.
The Death Rose
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Warpig » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:13 pm

no comment..
Warpig

Postby deadmonkey » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:07 am

He did some very great and courageous things.

I think some people argue that if he were more liberal the church should have said something about aids in africa, but I'm not a catholic, so I don't really understand their perspective.
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby mazza » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:25 am

I'm not catholic either but pope john paul II was trully a remarkable man, he worked endlessly to try and bring peace to certain places of the world, and although i don't share his belief's, if he's right in his thinking, he's in a much better place now

R.I.P
mazza

Postby BrainBuG » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:39 pm

I thought religic topics were not allowed on our forums since they only start arguements???
Personally i couldn't care less if he's the pope or not. Sad enough he had to suffer so long, but other then that i don't believe any of the crap those ppl spill. He might have done some good things, but also a lot of bad ones. Telling ppl not to use condoms, abortian is bad and more Bull like that. I work in a town where all the ppl are heavilly believing all that and i say their all bonkers. But of course everybody is free to believe what he wants.
For example i believe Remus is nuts :twisted:
Boeie!!!!!! En nou opzouten met je hele droge hol!
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Frank Sniper » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:47 pm

The Pope helped through his ignorant religious babblings the spread of aids across Africa and other nations. So i not that unhappy he's gone and hope the next pope is a little more enlightened. Anyways me devout aethist and i'll stick with it cheers :D No offense to any catholics out there, just the way i see it.
Drowned on Phreeks while making sandcastles too near the waves..R.I.P 23/08/05 was always doomed anyway
Frank Sniper
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby BrainBuG » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:20 pm

U only worship ur chrisps don't ya ;)
:P
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby mazza » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:23 pm

Its not about the religion guys its about the death of a good man who spread the word that he believes in, whether or not we believe in a god or anything the pope done, he worked hard to get his church's word across, and the church is changing, still a bit ancient but are opening up to other views, things like that cannot be changed overnite

But i aint going into a discussion about religion, all i believe and i think element was getting at was, that a hard working man, who worked endlessly for the good of others, has passed away and deserves a wee bit of recognition for it
mazza

Postby BrainBuG » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:03 pm

Don't think my picture will be on tv when i die, and all i do is spread my words (mostly difficult words fastly spoken after eachother showing frustration) and helping ppl. But will i get recognition for that... hell no... :cry:
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby The Death Rose » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:05 pm

BrainBuG wrote:Don't think my picture will be on tv when i die, and all i do is spread my words (mostly difficult words fastly spoken after eachother showing frustration) and helping ppl. But will i get recognition for that... hell no... :cry:

Do something famous...like uhhh...Kill someone?

No really...Don't do that.

Does anyone know when they plan to bury the pope?
The Death Rose
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby mazza » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:01 pm

friday
mazza

Postby The Death Rose » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:07 pm

thanks
The Death Rose
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:10 pm

That crazy English Prince, woteva his name was again and his o-so-lovely-wife whatever her name was again were meant to marry that day.
As the Pope will be burried that day, it would have been a perfect opurtunity for the Royal Highness to marry his .... with not so much hassle and a smaller crowd.
But they have now decided to move it up to Saturday so everyone can enjoy the Wedding... Joy joy joy, thought I'd share this with ya... :roll::roll::roll:
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Goku » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:31 pm

yes i agree he was a good person
Goku
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Grundy » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:36 am

I wonder if there is any way to integrate Prince Charles and his bird into the Beach map? I'm sure they would enjoy the break away from the media?
Grundy

Postby [fun]scott » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:21 pm

he also didnt believe in condoms to stop the spread of aids... hmm smart idea
www.pokerroom.com/?ref=19874 , www.napstor.co.uk great free / cheap deals... support my life style that im accustom too. every penny counts
[fun]scott
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Goku » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:41 pm

[fun]scott wrote:he also didnt believe in condoms to stop the spread of aids... hmm smart idea
Interesting..................
Goku
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby mazza » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:24 pm

again this post is not about his beliefs, don't matter whether we agree or disagree with them, he used his beliefs to spread a lot of love and peace in the world, he done wot he believed to be right.

RIP
mazza

Postby Roan » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:28 pm

mazza wrote:again this post is not about his beliefs, don't matter whether we agree or disagree with them, he used his beliefs to spread a lot of love and peace in the world, he done wot he believed to be right.

RIP

beliefs maketh the man, & thats how he will be judged imho. A lot of so called world leaders have done wot they "believed" to be right, but that dont make them right..

im not religious, & I personally have no feeling for him. Some say im pretty cold hearted, I like to think of meself as a realist

:D

If U cheat - your a punk - www.punkbuster.com
Roan

Postby mazza » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:13 pm

i personally don't have feelings for him either roan, neither am i of catholic persuasion. but i didn't want this post turning into whether he was right or wrong, or into some religious nonsense, element felt the need to post that a good man (well he was a good man, whether we agreed with his religion or not) had died and it turned into a religious mumbo jumbo full of crap nonsense imo

If someone felt the need to leave a remark about the pope dying then so be it, i just don't believe this is the place to get into a religious debate :roll:
mazza

Postby junkster » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:23 pm

I agree Maz.

The Pope died and no matter what your thoughts or beliefs a lot of people were saddened by his death. My thoughts go out to the good people who were sad at his passing.
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby `Xui » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:37 am

Pope Xui the 1st tbh
`Xui
Site Partner
Site Partner

Return to General Chat